i am about to start the artist’s way again and i approach this journey with an equal measurement of excitement and trepidation.
i am always excited starting something new. i think that is part of my problem! i love the initial euphoria, the anticipation... i used to love the beginning of the new school year: relishing the days leading up to it buying my new pencil case, folder, notebooks – all the trappings i felt would pave the way to make THIS the year for me: THIS is the year i excel. THIS is the year i get straight As. THIS is the year my parents will rejoice in the genius of their child... well i guess i was an optimist if nothing else! or would that be fantasist?
and so it has been the same with my journey on the artist’s way. each time i pick up the book, i buy myself a sparkling new journal. I test 100 pens to make sure i have one that feels {right} after all i may well be penning my first novel with it! i count down the dates in my calendar, marking this momentous occasion...then the day comes:
and i am lucky if i get myself to wake up that half an hour earlier to complete my morning pages! and even if i didn’t give up there and then: 6 days later panic strikes when i realise that i completely forgot about the artists date and the additional tasks! and pretty much within the month... the artist’s way? oh yeah, i’m planning to do that soon...
so here i am again. my classy (new) matte black journal sits there alluringly. my well thumbed book ready. and i am genuinely excited.
but there is one distinct difference this time. this time i am doing this as part of a community. actually i am co-hosting the community. crazy? uh-huh. in fact i am nothing short of terrified. because this gives me nowhere to hide. i can’t be the quiet one sitting in the back of the classroom just observing and letting everyone else do the work anymore. i can’t be shy and awkward about putting myself out there. i can’t pretend to be unsure about what i am doing. nor can i pretend to know it all. but most of all~ i can’t just forget about it.
i have a commitment to make now: not just to myself, but to a dozen other people who have taken the time to join me on this experience. giving up is not an option this time.
already i feel a sense of change. the programme hasn’t even started and i am already taking a leap of faith: in myself and in creativity. i am trusting if i jump, the net will appear.
yes, THIS time i will succeed.
6 comments:
Thank you so much for your kind words. Your words lifted my spirits and helped me to understand a little more about why I write.
i wish i had a community the 45 times i dove into that book. you will finish it this time! your blog is lovely.
xoxo
Thanks for co-hosting the community, I'm hoping that this time I will complete the journey instead of never getting past week 6... I think sharing experiences with people who are doing the same will be truly inspiring and motivating.
Hurrah for you!!! I have always wanted to do this, but have never even gotten around to getting the book, so I'm a kindred procrastinator ;). This idea of new beginnings is just like me, that excitement to start something, that ease in which I let it slip....I can't tell you how often I've fallen behind on promises to myself. I think you're doing it exactly right, taking charge, becoming the one to be dependent on. Sometimes it's easier to stick with things when it's about other people too. Funny, isn't it? I am SO excited to see what you create!! You inspire me!! xoxo
sweetheart, i adore your blog & especially these images you've created... YUM!
big bright blessings to you gorgeous
xoxoxo
I'm so proud of you! xx
Post a Comment