{2 week wait}

Sunday, November 02, 2008

i've not really been present recently, which is ironic, as i have couldn't have been more present in one sense with all that has been going on in and out of my body! but all of a sudden, in this last week in particular, the cumulative experiences of our IVF journey seemed to hit me all at once. and it's thrown me a little off balance.

but now i am in what is known as the "2 week wait" where the furore of everything leading up to this point just stops. and there is this unfamiliar silence. stillness. where there is nothing to do, can do, but wait. initially it unnerved me somewhat and i found myself becoming obsessive about this egg, zygote, embryo (i didn't know what to call it!) floating inside me. i would think about it, surf the net researching about it, scour forums looking for any information about it... but i realised this was not necessarily a healthy and normal way to spend the next 12 days. nor sustainable really!

so i'm slowly finding myself again. taking with me all the good stuff i have been discovering about myself this last month, and moving forward with it. after all, if i am going to be a mother, there is no time like the present to lead by example!

i've missed doing the things that are important to me. writing. blogging. taking photos. scrapping. seeing friends. studying. loving my husband. playing with my dogs... they haven't been wholly neglected, but i have been a little distracted...

of course each and every day we are still praying for our miracle but, it's is out of our hands now and, until 13 november there is little more we can do: except be grateful and live fully. and that's exactly what i intend to do.

6 comments:

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

hola beautiful soul ~
wishing you gentle peacefulness for this time ahead lovely...
and november 13 is the day after my birthday... as I always joke to my pregnant friends due around that time ~ there's so much estrogen flying around that time of the year from my birth that it's sure to impregnate someone ~ or make them give labour that day ;) it's happened before, and it will totally happen again!
sending you my birthday estrogen-ic energy.... tee hee hee :D
biggest hugs to you present~goddess,
leonie

Sara Moriarty said...

I'm so happy that you've rediscovered perspective and clarity to help carry you through the next two weeks. Although you were correct in saying it's now out of your hands, I will continue sending genuine support and hopefulness, nonetheless. ~Sara

meghan said...

hi there -

I can't believe HOW distracted you must be. It blows me away how we try to control so much of our lives, and our bodies - which SHOULD be in our control - decide for themselves what they are going to do.

I wish you love and peace in the next two weeks and beyond - I have watched so many friends go through this - I am sending you loving nurturing body-peace. I hope it helps!!

xoxo

Secret Wish Jar said...

Sending you positive vibes! Two weeks can be a long time, especially when you're waiting, but you're almost half way already. Wishing you peace and light to help you get through it.

SisterJulia said...

I've never wished morning sickness on anyone before in my life...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and a prayer in my heart.

Frankie said...

Sweet Pen!! It seems as though I have quite a bit of catching up to do here! I am sending you every wish and positive thought I have! Please, please, please keep us updated! Love, love, love xoxox