okay, what have i done?
i just signed up to this years race for life event in oxford.
gulp.
i don't run.
i couldn't run if my life depended on it.
and now i've committed myself to a 5k charity event!
but it's something i've always wanted to do.
a challenge i've wanted to meet.
a fear i've wanted to conquer...
about my own ability...
and about asking for help.
sponsorship is like planning a birthday party, sending out the invites, and then just hoping people will come.
that's a little how i feel right now.
i've never done an event like this, not only because i fear my own performance (or lack thereof) but what if no one supports me? how foolish would i look? or rather, feel?
but ho hum. enough of the what ifs. i'm all about putting it out there now, and lets see...
either way, i need to hold myself accountable.
but sure, anything i could raise for a monumentally important cause,
well that would be a wonderful bonus.
i'm feeling inspired.
adrenaline is pumping.
i'm going to do this...
and i would be so, so, so humbled and grateful if you care to support me:
in spirit, with raw cash, through your kind words, or in any way you are called to.
thank you from the bottom of my heart... and the soon to be pounding soles of my feet :)
5 comments:
of course i will support you - thank you for asking for help when you need it!
i'm not a runner myself, though i have done small events in the past (up to about 10km).
hope all is well - go for it!
You can do it! I know you can! RAH RAH RAH!
You are totally going to kick butt on this race, I know you can do it! I never used to think of myself as a runner either, but once I started, it was a lot more satisfying than I thought it would be.
If you want training advice, a good one I've heard of is the "Couch to 5K" training program. It's designed to take you from no running experience to being able to finish a 5K run.
Oooh, do it! My eldest daughter and I did this last year in Basingstoke with four other friends, it was wonderful - such a feeling of accomplishment, even though we walked the 5km! We're doing it again this year. Having lost two aunts to cancer and watching my mother in law battle every day through the last ten years (she's loosing unfortunately, the outlook is bleak) I cannot imagine a better way to support everyone who has ever been touched by this blight than getting out there and doing your bit. Even if, like us, you just skipped over the finish line! You have my utmost support and will put a post up about Race for Life soon.
Consider yourself supported! And don't worry if you can't run - neither can I. You can walk 5km in less than an hour. I've walked a fun run before, and it WAS fun.
Post a Comment