when i first started blogging (which is really not that long ago at all) one of my hopes was to reach out and connect with other women. i had admired friendships which were seemingly formed over these invisible lands and i wished for something similar myself.
yesterday my wish was answered and i found myself in a new city, meeting new women, forging new friendships.
i won't lie. i was a bag of nerves. there were women there whose blogs i have admired for some time, and now i was going to meet them. my inner critic was having a field day!
but i was immediately put at ease by meeting leonie en route.
she has the most open face and, when you talk and she looks at you, her eyes are affirming everything you say. letting you know she is listening. showing she is interested... oh it was a great start!
so we got to starbucks first, although it wasn't long before we were joined by emma, wearing the most beautiful floral dress (my alter-ego wanted to steal it!). emma doesn't have any up-close pictures of herself online, so i didn't really what she looked like. but my, she's pretty - and a mum of two boys! again, we effortlessly slid into casual conversation, giving each other the space to talk, sharing a little about who we are and how we got to be there.
finally, after about 15 minutes maybe, susannah, meg and jo arrived. there was a lot of hugging as we said hello to each other, and then - as if it was the most natural thing in the world - conversation, caffeine, laughter... it all just flowed.
susannah is every bit as amazing as i expected her to be. having recently completed her unravelling e-course and seeing her videos online, i had some idea of how she might be. but she was even more beautiful in person - namely because she has the most wicked sense of humour! just fabulous.
meg is gentle, warm and funny. with her soft canadian accent, she just has the most unassuming way about her and draws you right in. oh and did i mention she is the most photogenic woman i've met in a long time! i absolutely adored her.
and jo. well, what a wise woman. always ready with something affirming or positive to say. always with a smile on her face. and again - very funny! i am loving these funny women. there is nothing that beats a day of laughter. nothing.
and that was pretty much how the day continued. we shared stories together, and managed to grab brief moments individually. the sun came out and bath reflected the promise and beauty we all found in each other.
like the polaroid above, it felt like an emerging picture - the lines of friendship were developing and i am so excited to see how it turns out.
11 comments:
aw, bless you, love - i have a major crush on you already :) x
Pen, your words are as beautiful as you are, it was so lovely to meet you yesterday, I too was so nervous and can't wait for our second date! ;0)
Me too :) You're too kind. And yes...the sweet perfume of potential! Fabulous!
That's a beautiful thing. I wish to have a meeting with blog friends like this one day.
I am SO glad that we were able to meet - and YOU are such a beautiful soul. I knew we'd be friends when I first saw your blog and I am SO glad that it finally worked out that we could meet in person.
I'm all blushing from your kind words - although I've never heard my accent described as soft before... I like it!
Love to you - see you in Oxford baby!!
How nerve wracking, and how wonderful! And it's neat to see the comments, that all this love is mutual, and you're going to Oxford together too!!
LOVE this.
Wonderful! Taking the blogging friendships to the next level! Fantastic :)
i'm feeling very blessed because *i* got to hang out with you for longer.
so fab to finally meet you, yes please to more.
you really do have the most perfect way with words
xo
I feel like I just watched a scene from a movie with a whole bunch of actresses that I enjoy coming together for a light-filled breakfast scene.
I smiled to read "canadian accent". I always thought it was everyone else who had the accents. ;)
*Pen, I can't believe you were nervous....who wouldn't love you right from the start?! This is such a wonderful recap to what was obviously a fantastic "coffee break" with friends. I just wish I had been one of the girls too. Maybe one day....:)
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment