Thursday, January 07, 2010

* fuck fear 2

if you could do ANYTHING in the world for a living;
where money, experience, age, knowledge, time, skill, etc, etc, etc,
is no obstacle, what would you want to do?


despite being overwhelmed by the kind comments on my dear fear post (thank you);
suddenly, after telling fear to fuck off,
i came to an eerie standstill.

it was as if now i didn't have fear standing in the way,
i didn't know which way to go ~
or even where i wanted to go!

even when i started writing this post, it was filled with all sorts of reasons about why i had these feelings of inadequacy and insecurities... until i realised these are merely the origins for some of the less favourable stories i may tell myself; but they still don't answer the pertinent question:
without these layers of inhibition, who am i?

i feel like a reluctant life model about to drop her robe for the first time,
and i am really struggling with this.

but i know if i could do anything,
where failure, ego and fear don't exist,
i would spend my days creating ~
designing with words, imagery and a sprinkling of magic.

and i know if i felt no fear,
i wouldn't worry about how old i am,
or the fact i could be rejected,
and i would fill in that application and get on the foundation course.
yes, if i told fear to fuck off,
that's what i would do.

19 comments:

sas said...

DO IT.
I dare you :)

claire bangasser said...

Just Do It! You will feel so free afterward. The link looks sooo exciting!

Jo said...

Do it. Do it do it do it.

P.S. Do it.

xx

Susannah Conway said...

DO IT!

Meri said...

Interesting. It never occurred to me that fear makes like easier in many ways because it whittles down the options. It makes sense to let fear guide you away from true danger, but when it narrows options that are merely intimidating, your life can get really small. There's the old saying --- feel the fear and do it anyway. Have you tried dialoging with your fear and befriending it?

Anonymous said...

Yes! Keep coming at it! Don't worry about a thing, just keep on facing it down it whatever small or big way you can. And don't give in to overwhelm, that's just one of fear's tactics to stear you off course. It's just a trick. Stay centered, don't give a shit about the how, when, where, why... and I believe that all will unfold before you just beautifully!

roxanne s. sukhan said...

YES!!! Go for it, grrrrrrl!

chocolategirl64 said...

go for it!
what have you got to lose?
if it's not what you imagined then remember ~
'you are allowed to change your mind' :
that covers both bases so what are you waiting for?

green ink said...

Go for it!! You will never regret it. Better to try and realise it wasn't for you, than to always wonder what might have been.

brandi said...

~let that robe fall and show the world and FEAR what you have to offer the world...scary step but a huge release...what is the worst that could happen...you fall and pick yourself up again...journey will have begun...striving towards what you are seeking ever so bad! wishing you much strength to shed FEAR from your life...brightest blessing~

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

Go for it! We are all in this together. I will join you in banishing fear. I feel like I try and conquer to everyday to keep my creativity alive. You are not alone! Ignore that fear and just do it!

Rue said...

Faerwillow directed me to your blog, and I'm so glad she did - WOW!

I am also the big dreamer, but with little in the way of follow-through. I aim to change that this year. Looking forward to reading about your journey too!

Anonymous said...

as a girl who fights her fear and naysayers every day, i say DO IT! twenty ten is the year of endless possibilities and fabulous experiences. you will not regret it .... just imagine what is around the corner! xo

Lis said...

i just love this. you, madame, are my new superhero, blasting fear with one determined gaze. And creating kick booty art in the process.

Go for it! Better to say "I tried" than to repeat Eliot's Prufrock and say "and in short, I was afraid."

no, you are so very brave ♥

meghan said...

I DOUBLE dare you :)

xo

You are amazing!!!
xoox

Genie Sea said...

Oh yeah baby! I feel the power!! :) I feel the power that is you! :)

Lisa Holtzman said...

Wow, it's like you were expressing what's inside of me, but so much better than I ever could've done. Getting rid of fear, that's key in moving forward. I'll do it if you will.

Anonymous said...

Do it, do it, do it :-)

Melissa de la Fuente said...

I love this print are they available for sale anywhere?
xo
Melis