Synchronicity

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

 
image from: YouTube

synchronicity: noun
noun: synchronicity
1.

the simultaneous occurrence of events which appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection.


There have been little moments over this last week - like rediscovering the joy of drawing, finding a bundle of letters my parents wrote to each over 30 years ago, and then today, an email from someone who read this blog back in 2009, which continues to reinforce to me I am moving in the right direction.   


Just like when I happened across this list of 101 things I wanted to do from a blog post back in 2010.  I had completely forgotten about this, and it was interesting to review and see what I had accomplished since then (erm, not a lot), what I still want to, and what might I want to change/add.

So here is a revised list for 2015:

101 things (revised in for 2015 - in no particular order)
1. start and complete an art journal
2. make all cards and gifts for one year
3. go away on a girls weekend
4. set up a mobile photography studio
5. design my own set of tarot cards
6. read the tarot professionally
7. make 1 mini-video a month for at least 12 months
8. keep a body journal for at least one month
9. bake a birthday cake
10. have a Route 66 road trip with Cam
11. go to a photo exhibition in london
12. bake cookies
13. learn a new language
14. complete a yoga course
15. keep a gratitude journal for at least one month
16. take a photo every day for 365 days
17. understand my business accounts
18. take pictures at a british seaside
19. do a sponsored run
20. have a family photo session
21. revisit paris
22. learn to lindy hop
23. take the Rocky Mountaineer Train
24. drive to switzerland
25. be published (photographs)
26. have a midnight picnic in a boat in the middle of a lake
27. enter a portrait competition
28. see the land of Greek mythology
29. have a dirty weekend (with Cam!)
30. renew our wedding vows
31. write another song with Cam
32. write love letters to 10 friends (0/10)
33. read Women Who Run with the Wolves
34. make a set of postcards from my pictures
35. paint our portrait and hang it up
36. see where the Beatles played in Hamburg                              
37. take a burlesque class
38. learn to belly dance
39. make a compilation CD
40. go on a womens creative retreat
41. sleep under the stars
42. see the northern lights (it was a flicker)
43. have a garden i am proud of (briefly)
44. own a claw foot bath
45. be able to do the sun salutation without thinking
46. journal everyday for a month
47. blog twice a week for a year
48. complete street dogs project
49. play one song on the ukulele
50. find a mentor/coach
51. sail the Norwegian Fjords
52. photograph synchronised swimmers
53. salsa dance in cuba
54. join a book group and go
55. have dinner at gees
56. see the northern lights (properly this time)
57. go on a dog days out
58. stand up for what i believe in and go on a protest
59. have a belfast sink in my kitchen
60. own a type 2 camper automatic
61. write my chick lit
62. run a creative workshop
63. open an etsy shop                                 
64. explore western australia
65. read for 30 minutes every night for a month
66. run an online workshop
67. launch McKinley-Rodgers photography
68. organise a capsule wardrobe
69. make calendars with my photographs for christmas presents
70. enter a photography competition
71. find a vintage wingback chair
72. camper van around Scotland
73. photograph 30 weddings in one year
74. revist Mary Coulter Hotel and our tree
75. attend a photography workshop
76. grow my own herbs
77. go whale watching
78. visit the lake district
79. pick wildflowers for the table
80. organise my photographs (and back up!)
81. read the paper every day for a week
82. complete yesterday and today workshop retrospectively
83. travel the length Great Wall of China with Cam
84. learn to cook Thai food
85. grow the perfect Bonsai
86. sleep in a water bungalow in the Maldives
87. take part in the Paris to Peking Motor Rally
88. document a week in the life
89. spend a day (or two!) at the National Portrait Gallery
90. wear my joy for 30 days
91. paint a portrait of everyone I love
92. walk the Inca trail
93. dance in the rain (John Butler Trio at Lusty Glaze - best nigh ever!)
94. watch the sun rise with Cam
95. meditate for 10 minutes every day for a week
96. read all the books i own
97. travel on the Orient Express (for my Dad)
98. walk/cycle the Santiago de Compostela with Cam
99. wear plaits in my hair
100. go on a canal boat holiday
101. be successfully and creatively self employed (ongoing!!!)

bold italics = completed
italics only = what I hope to do in the next 12 months


This last week I have felt more connected to life than I can remember for a long time, a similar feeling I had in the lead up to our Round-the-World honeymoon, full of anticipation and excitement.  The honeymoon didn't go exactly as planned, but I guess that's life - and I think the key is not to stop being excited.


1 comment:

chocolategirl64 said...

wow that's quite a list and you've bolded up so many!
if you're going to do any kind of belly dancing then I suggest Tribal Style {ATS} it's great fun!
it's a dance by women for women:

I can see a few more of your boxes will be ticked when you move to your next adventure :-)
woop!