"Tarot is a creative tool that helps you to see your true self more clearly and to be that fully."
- Mary K Greer
Tarot has been a part of my life, on and off, for the last 25 years. I have no recollection of how I came upon my first deck (Mythic Tarot), but I do have a sparse journal entry dating from 1989 referring to it, so I'm guessing I probably bought it on the back of a less than satisfactory relationship and was looking for some divine guidance about whether I should stick around for the long haul or not!
Since then you could probably describe me as a collector of cards. I probably have around 30 with a few Oracles, and a sprinkling of Angel, Mermaid and Faerie decks thrown in for good measure. But ultimately I always return to the Tarot because there is something about the order and tradition of Tarot which I feel bestows a little more magic upon it.
So I've consulted the cards throughout my life both for guidance and inspiration, and my journals are a witness to what a wonderful tool they are. However despite a constant voice in the background to work deeper with them, I've failed to maintain a committed relationship in the long term.
But I'm feeling drawn to work with the cards again creatively, by drawing a card and working with it to create something. And so, the card I drew tonight is The King of Wands.
I don't know what that something is yet - but I'll let you know when I do.

1 comment:
How fun! Can't wait to see what comes of it. xoxo
Post a Comment