
Today I created *whimsical views. Photography is all I can think about at the moment. I am utterly consumed by the desire to take pictures, play with pictures, look at pictures. It is all I want to do. It is all I am doing.
It feels wonderfully exhilirating to be doing something I truly am passionate about. I am even allowing myself to be bad at it. I am embracing the fact that I took 69 pictures today and was really only happy with 1, because hopefully tomorrow it will be 2, and then 3 the day after and so on... I am learning about patience and commitment, no longer wanting (and expecting) results immediately, but enjoying the process of discovery. There are still times that I am racing ahead, attempting to do things I'm not quite sure of yet, but then a voice calls me back and reminds me this isn't a race, it's a journey and an experience to be savoured. I remind myself I am laying foundations.
2 comments:
Gorgeous website! And that's one of my all time favorite quotes. Something about it is so deliciously simple and poignant. I love your photo!
It's funny how much art and expression are so much about patience and commitment, and I like how you've commented on that here. Sometimes I can write pages and pages in my journal and discover I only really like one word or phrase after hours of writing. So I take that word or phrase and start anew, see where it takes me. And I am so very excited to see where your camera takes you!
for some reason your pictures are not downloading on my computer...but i cannot imagine them to be anything other than beautiful.
i don't like about 90% of the photos i take-
it is probably a common thing.
i love that you are just creating for you without worrying about the outcome.
:)
love
mccabe x
Post a Comment