Balance
Thursday, November 05, 2015
Since listening to Big Magic on our last drive home from a wedding, I have been reflecting on creative living and what that looks like to me. Cam has too and, although the decision to move to Brighton came before, it was like we had the Universe's stamp of approval.
However when we move, we'll be going from a rather large, three bedroom house with a conservatory and a office, to a small one bedroom apartment/studio, and that idea fills me with terror and excitement in equal measure. You see, I have a lot of things. Or rather, I have a lot of my parent's things, and for many years, and many moves (we've moved 11 times in 14 years) I've carried these precious belongings from my parents life together, things I've grown up with, things that feel like my last physical link to them, from house to house. Filed under "too hard," I've stuffed them in cupboards, stacked them in lofts, and built sheds (yes, we bought one just to store these things!) to avoid having to deal with them. However, now we're about to embark on a new chapter of living together, it's time to shed and release things in my life that no longer serve me.
I want to move forward with a lighter heart open to experience more.
My word for 2015 is balance, and when I first selected the word, I had a very literal vision of what that was to mean to me. Needless to say I was more than a little disappointed in myself when I found a yoga studio, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, less than 5 minutes walk from my front door, and I only went to two classes. But now, as 2015 draws to a close, I can see maybe I am finding the (internal) balance I (didn't know) was looking for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment