Frank
Wednesday, November 04, 2015
Dear Frank,
It's your last day with us today and I hope you didn't feel I was dismissive about the significance of this. In fact I was very aware of the proverbial elephant that followed us around all day, I'm just not comfortable in his presence. I am half Chinese mixed with a stiff British upper lip after all.
But the truth is I will miss the head popping round the corner asking, "cup of tea?" I will miss you, not just for looking after our fur babies and keeping our plants alive, but also for making sure the SKY planner is always working perfectly. I will miss our serious analysis of the Bachelor(ette), our Strictly scores, and the way you roll your eyes during the Apprentice. I will miss your enthusiastic iPad searches (and subsequent lists) whenever we need something, and I will definitely miss having my co-dependent catastrophist around (who will roam the Close with me next time Cam disappears for 5 minutes!)
Over these last three years you have become such an integral part of our lives. You have been there and cared for us through the last months of my mothers life. You have supported us in the growth of our business. You have provided a sanctuary for us only a parents love can create. I don't think words will ever do justice to what that has meant to us and how much richer our life has been for it.
I know that moving back to Australia is the right thing to do, and I am happy and excited at what this will bring you, just as Cam and I will be embarking on a whole new adventure too. I know the future holds magical treasures for us all to uncover and so, as with every sad ending, there is a new beginning.
But, as tomorrow creeps in, I just wanted to say it one last time. We will miss you. So much.
Love always,
Pen
x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment