i am ashamed to say lilly tagged me over a month ago for 6 secrets, and i've been so remiss it has taken me till now to get my act together! still, better late than never, right? so here we go...
1. i dance around the house when no one is home (and, if it's a really good song, i sing too!)
2. i buy clothes one size larger than i need to.
3. i sometimes get my amazon deliveries made to work so my husband doesn't know how many books i really buy a month!
4. i am still a teenager at heart: i'm loving the twilight saga, i still get hooked if an episode of dawsons or one tree hill is on tv, and i am a sucker for a cheesy coming of age romcom!
5. i am a salt fiend: it is the most essential ingredient in my kitchen cupboard.
6. i haven't read all the books in my bookcase... but i will get there eventually!
and yesterday danette tagged me for 'five-a-day' ~ a deceptively simple sounding meme, until i actually had to sit down and think of 5 things i do every day that contributes positively to my health and well-being... it was a little easier said than done! anyhow, here is my five:
1. inspiration ~ i cannot seem to survive without a daily dose of inspiration, generally provided by any one or all of the bloggers listed to the side ---->
2. the nook ~ that wonderful space that you fit into perfectly with the one you love. i don't think i could survive a day without snuggling in.
3. words ~ generally a novel i can lose myself in; but a day does not go by without absorbing the magic weaved by some of the talented writers out there
4. walking ~ with our four legged buddies, walking is a daily requirement. it is also the part of the day i usually most look forward to, as it's when cam and i get some {us} time. we walk. we talk. we play with our boys and we get to observe how the seasons change...
5. journaling ~ sometimes it doesn't quite find its way to the page, but everyday i find myself reflecting what is, has, and will be. it keeps me grounded and grateful.
care to share? because i would like to invite: kavindra, frankie, megg, helen (aka flower), gem and goddess leonie to play!
7 comments:
I completely relate to 4 and five. I used to do 3 also, but now I get them at home instead. Since I don't work and he does, he really doesn't find out.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! I don't NEED to write one because I could have written the first half of your post.
I get Amazon deliveries sent to work too - giggle - AND I was just thinking yesterday that I shouldn't buy any more books until I have read all of the ones that I have got. AND Mark rolls his eyes at me b/c I LOVE a good teenaged tv drama. (I haven't read Twilight yet, but I can see I probably should!)
Now I know we have to meet - we can talk about our guilty secrets - giggle!!!
How fun, thanks for the invitation to play!
I too am laughing about the amazon orders. Now I have a secret weapon for indulging my clothing addiction :)
I'm exactly the same regarding 4 and 6... I'm a bit less embarrassed about it now that I know for a fact I'm not the only one, LOL.
pen*
i received your invitation...i will be posting my five-a-day soon.
big love,
gem
Teenage Delights: I sometimes buy teen vogue, uber-trendy bubble-gum pop music (katy perry)and rent movies with Mandy Moore or Hilary Duff in them (if Party of Five or Felicity isn't repeating on tv.)
:)
HI
I wondered if you would mind us posting your 5-a-day on the Mindapples blog? If yes, could you suggest a pic - perhaps the one you posted?
Email: brittons11@btinternet.com
Brightly
Tessy
http://mindapples.org/
Post a Comment