sometimes when you are ready, there is no avoiding it.
the universe doesn't give you an opportunity to forget,
to ignore the path you know you should start travelling down.
just these last couple of days i was hit with this, this and then this.
every one of these posts screamed out at me:
"hello! yes, hello! recognise this? hear this? get it?"
"this is more about being the person i want to be, and instead of standing up and trying to explain who i am or convince people of who i am, i let everyone believe what they want to believe."
"let everyone believe what they want to believe"
that's it. that is the key.
it doesn't matter.
you can't change it, so stop worrying about it.
honestly, so much of my time is spent worrying about how other people will react.
what will they think? say? feel?
i can't even begin to imagine how much of me is lost in that process!
how many original ideas have i given up over the years because i was concerned about how someone else might interpret it?
how much of what is unique about me, has been discarded because i feared how someone else might react?
how much individuality have i sacraficed because i wanted someone to like me?
sometimes, on the road to discovering who you are,
you lose yourself.
be it through admiration and imitation
or adulation and intimidation,
either way it's a dead-end.
and often one that's taken you further away from where you were aiming for.
the time has come to reclaim myself.
because people will believe what they want to believe -
so why continue to adapt or worry about who i am for others?
and so there is a fork in the road,
and i know which path i must take.
i need to step inside my own skin and feel comfortable.
to walk in my own shoes and have faith that,
in being true to myself,
i will naturally attract what is right for me.
because in this search for my own voice,
that is the only way to find it.
where is your journey leading you?
7 comments:
One of the most difficult things to be is yourself. I have found it easier as I've gotten older, but I've had to make some major changes in my personal life to allow myself the space for it to continue.
I have the most enormous post about this very topic brewing for several days. My daughter is determined it won't get written but I shall overcome!
I can't wait to see where you're going but from the little I know of you, you already have a strong, authentic presence.
x
Hi Penny. Really got connected to your blog. I read your posts and somehow feel that you've spoken what I felt inside. :)
- A passerby and blogger who loves to write :)
My journey took a winding path. From living on the outside, looking in, and always, coming up short. Then, broken, I stayed within, looking out, feeling isolated. Since, I was in there, I looked around, and found it was not bad at all. So now, at peace within, I step outside and walk, hand-in-hand with myself, enjoying the scenery. :)
first thought was...
'i have to email you!'
second thought...
i've read these posts too!
third thought...
mmmmm... i think i'm exactly where i'm meant to be! xx
For me, it's been a lot of what you mentioned in the post and also not attaching value and making connections between "my self" and things (possessions). I've learned, a little, to let go bit by bit, though sometimes those feelings sneak back in, but I've gotten better at "giving them the boot". I guess it goes back to what others think.
I guess this post is a "signpost" for me! :)
OOh, what a great post! Oh Pen, I loved it, I as breathless by the end! When I met you in real life I was struck (and I knew I would be) by your aura of gentleness and YOU-ness. I know that sounds weird, but I felt authenticity from you right from the start.
OOOh, and I love the new banner!
P.S. can we play soon?
Post a Comment